Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Never Ever Doubt Your Capabilities

Below I will reveal the other side the coffee mug whose one side was revealed in my earlier post.
Readers are advised to read part one to have a better connectivity. Click here for part one

Why the delay between the two posts? I thought I had lost the image and so there was nothing to post. Lucky for you, I stumbled on it again tonight. Let me go on with my story.

Valentine day is generally preceded by Valentine week. Each day having a different name and purpose. Below is the rough order of the Valentine week Days

7 Feb - Rose Day - You simply give rose and hope for a happy beginning.

8 Feb - Propose Day - Well, things should be final by now. You will get yes or no as an answer. I think this should be on or just before Valentine day itself, nevertheless, this is the second day.

9 Feb - Chocolate Day - One of my favorite days, I never say no to chocolates.

10 Feb - Teddy Day - This is a separate chapter in my life book. More on this some other year.

11 Feb - Promise Day - This post is all about this day.

12 Feb - Kiss Day - Nothing over here so far.

13 Feb - Hug Day - Nothing over here so far.

14 Feb Valentine Day <3



Colour changing Magical Cup

11th February 2017 - I made couple of promises to couple of my friends. One of the promise being - 'I will Never Ever Doubt my Capabilities'

It helped me to sail through some tough times in the initial few months. ie till May - June and then things started to get too difficult to cope up with. The part one of the blog tells about how asking a question to yourself improves the quality of output of your work. Whereas this promise helps me to get start with a seemingly impossible task.

Sometimes you start a work thinking it is easy and then you realise it is out of your capability to finish it. Precisely at that instant I recall this promise and finish the task. I took up the challenge of running 10 kms daily for 15 consecutive days. (Click here - 150-kms-in-15-days) There used to be days and sometimes moments halfway in the run that I felt I can't do this and I should quit. Then I recalled the promise and rest is history. Mission accomplished.

Now, you all can make this promise and I am sure you won't get the kick/push/motivation that I got after making this promise. You know why it won't work? Because you would be making that promise to yourself. Plus it will be you who will initiate the promise. Why it worked for me - 
1. Someone else came up with this idea for me
2. That someone to whom I promised is a special someone to me
3. Knowing that somebody wants you to take such an oath, makes you realise that someone believes in your ability. It helps you to tap into your hidden potential.

Franky speaking, I had forgotten about this promise because of daily work life tasks. Now by writing this post, I retake this promise and I am fill with new energy tank.

Write about your special promises and inspirational stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment